Friday, June 25, 2010

Lost and Found Pumpkins

Hi

 For the last week and until July 3rd I have my two lovely granddaughters Katie and Haley staying with us. So my painting time is limited. However I did paint this before they came. 
This was painted for the lost/found edges project challenge at paintingfriends.com with the beautiful reference photo provided Jaytee.
  I really liked painting these pumpkins and very happy with the colors. This one has more lost edges than found. This was a great challenge to participate in , I  learned a lot.   Enjoy hearing from all of you on this painting done in watercolors on Arches 140 rough paper.  Thanks again everyone for viewing.

6 comments:

  1. Bright and cheerful - they look good enough to eat :)
    Love the way the colour of the pumpkin drifts into the shadow - and the glorious way the light hits the top side. Delicious xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nora,
    I love the use of the complementary orange and blue colors! Mastering lost/found edges adds so much to watercolor paintings. You did a fantastic job!
    Enjoy the time with your little visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nora, this is truly lovely. I'm not quite positive of what "lost and found" edges means, though I have an idea. But I sure love the almost overripe voluptuousness to these gorgeous pumpkins. Beautiful! Hopefully you can get the kids painting with you a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou Pat, Christiane and Autumn.

    Autumn when an edge on an object is not very well defined this is a lost or you could call it a soft edge. I hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful play of light and lost/found edges,Nora. Applause on this one for sure.

    ReplyDelete