Sunday, October 18, 2009

Kitten



Yesterday I did a little painting of a kitten from a photo provided from a reference post in one of the forums I belong to.  I am happy with her (him). For the fur I used W/N Cer Bl  and  Daniel Smith Quin Burnt Orange, also used was   Hol  UB, W/N Raw Sienna and Grumbacher Indigo.
   We are going to St Simons Island in Georgia for a few days on vacation. So I may not be in here until the end of the week.  I hope to take some great photos and even get a chance to paint.   I hope everyone has a wonderful week.

7 comments:

  1. Nora, your nice soft palette was perfect for this darling kitten. He is very cute and your painting is delightful.
    Have a nice vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nora, your kitten is so gentle and sweet. You really captured that sweet inocense of a baby kitten. I love the softness of the painting. Great job! I really enjoyed your macaw and the older ladies...you really are talented. I look forward to visiting you again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a delightful painting, Nora. You caught that kittenish expression so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Christiane,Donna and Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. The soft colors and edges portray this little kitten just right! Great eyes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nora, I believe your "Kitten" painting is perfect in every way and I really enjoy viewing it. Wanted to tell you too, that I bought liquid acrylic paint this past week to experiment with in a more abstract manner.
    Nora

    ReplyDelete