Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Glimpse Of Spring




      I don't know about anyone else but I've had it with winter.  So I went and bought tulips that I'll plant outside.   I had a wonderful time with these flowers. We have been lucky, the sun has been out the last couple of days, so I got some great photos of these with shadows. But I also had to fight with my Lily as she loves to eat flowers.  I was having a hard time with her trying to photo them, finally Lily was put in the house, I closed the door to the screen room and had some private time with my tulips.  Of course I had to leave Lily back out and to appease her I took some lovely photos of her too.  I did this painting from real life with the tulips in front of me. Such a nice change from painting from a photo.  So I have decided to buy flowers from now on to paint.  I'm trying the new greens from my workshop and do seem to like how they act together.  Viridian and Winsor Green (Blue shade) with New Gamboge for the highlights.  The petals  are painted using Permanent Rose, Raw Sienna and Winsor Blue ( Red Shade).   I  want everyone to think of spring when you see this and know that it is almost here.   Thanks for viewing everyone and please leave a comment.

4 comments:

  1. They're beautiful Nora. There's something so delicious about painting flowers from life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely and so full of spring and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Pat Yes I do like it

    Thankyou Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I love those tulips. You paint them so well.

    ReplyDelete